What the Book includes:
Still invisible? is an explosive narrative that examines many of the reasons black males have been left behind in the shadows of the twenty-first century economy and the mainstream of accepted American culture.
List of Chapters:
- Born with a Birthmark
- 500 Years of Lynchings
- From Three Fifths to Sixty – Six Percent
- The System Isn’t Broken
- Confronting Uncomfortable Stereotypes
- Niggers, Niggaz , Black and African Americans
- #CrimingWhileWhite: Acknowledging Racial Privilege
- The message in the media
- “The nigger in the White House” ; Post-racial America in the age of Obama.
- “We can’t breathe”: Black Men and the Police
- What Do You Call a Black Man with a Ph.D ?
- The Impact of Invisibility
- Not Your Father’s Revolution: The Rise of Millenial Leadership
- A Prescription for Progress
- Highlights, quotes and flashbacks from Ralph Ellison’s acclaimed novel, Invisible Man
- In-Depth Interviews with Leading Black Males figures in America on the issues of race and culture
- Back matter for the book will include an appendix with further resources and recommended reading as well as an index
- And much, much more.